I took the road less traveled by and that has made all
Welcome to the diamond classified home stay located in the heart of periyar tiger reserve, a rare destination ideal for trekking, bird watching & jeep safari.
A 100yr old estate bungalow set amidst sprawling cardamom plantations and thick forest of the Western Ghats is transformed into a relaxing haven to unwind……
“DOWNTOWN HERITAGE HOME STAY”
* An early morning Jeep ride and the night safari provide ample opportunity to watch wildlife at close quarters.
* Guided treks through identified routes within the plantation are ideal for birdwatchers offering sights and sounds unfamiliar to urban ears.
* In the nesting season Great Hornbill is a great experience.
* Waterproof clothing should be carried because rain is always a possibility in a rain forest.
* For the weary there is always a option to sit back and relax amidst the silence only the jungle can offer.
* From Kochi (190kms), Trivandrum (220kms) come to Vandiperiyar via Mundakkayam and Kuttikkanam along NH220 and turn right at Conemmara Tea Jn. From there proceed to Vallakadavu check post and drive 15kms to reach “Downtown”.